Re: [oletrucks] License Plate Restoration

To: Scot Stockton <auriclux@usa.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] License Plate Restoration
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:29:24 -0500
I found this on the archives from Mike Klepp, he didn't list the resource
but sounds like what you need. Mike ya still got this guys info handy.  --wayn

A couple months ago, I solicited input on sources for license plate
restoration sources.  I got several helpful references and finally selected a
gentleman here in Texas, since I had TX plates to be restored.  I got them
back tonight, and they look great!  He welded holes, straightened dents,
stripped, and painted them (base/clear coat).  He is a retired guy who does
this more or less as a hobby.  He also has a nice Model A F**d.  If anyone is
interested, contact me off list for his phone and address.  He charges $35
per plate plus shipping.  He also can duplicate a plate if you are missing
one.  I don't have a web site, but I will e-mail a pic if you would like to
see the finished product.  I have not connection to this guy other than being
a satisfied customer.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX

At 07:47 AM 3/13/03 -0800, Scot Stockton wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Anyone know of a good place to have license plates restored?
>
>Anyone know of a good place to buy old license plates?
>
>I'm thinking that I would want to put YOM (Year-of-Manufacture) California
>plates on my truck when its done, and I would prefer to get a set that is too
>grungy for collectors but good enough to be restored for use.
>
>Scot

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne