[oletrucks] another 55 front end option

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] another 55 front end option
From: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:33:03 -0500
I had a conversation today with a man that said he has put Camaro front ends
under 55 Chevy trucks. He said he would cut my frame and weld this one in
and make it took nice. Actually he would use the front clip and the rear end
in my truck. Has anyone had any luck going this route? If anyone has used
this method, how much lower does your truck sit? He said it shouldn't sit
much lower than it is at stock. If anyone has done this route and could
offer some advice, i would appreciate it.  If i use the front end and rear
end from a Camaro, I could get the parts and labor for around $1100.00. I
know that i would want to maybe replace bushing and other things , but is
this a good option for a fella with limited options, or should i continue to
save up?
                        Thamks again,
                                Tom Cooper