[oletrucks] Wiring question #2

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Wiring question #2
From: JohnHuntD@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:45:19 EST
In rewiring my 1949 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup I've traced and figured out every
wire so far except a wire that is connected to the light switch that
disappears up the driver's side A-post. The truck had a replacement cardboard
headliner in it when I got it and no overhead dome light. I'm wondering if
this unidentified wire from the light switch going up the A-post is or was
originally connected to a dome light that a previous owner removed? Or
possibly the wire was for an optional dome light that this truck never had
but every wiring harness has a dome-light wire as standard equipment?

Thank you in advance.

John Doak in Baltimore, MD