Re: [oletrucks] Headlight switch

To: "53ChevyTruck" <kmm1024@webstorehosting.org>, <Chevy53truk@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Headlight switch
From: "G. L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 02:25:53 -0500
Didn't see the lead question here, BUT, most knobs don't come off the shaft,
the whole shaft and knob assembly comes out together. Pull the knob out to
the park light position and push a spring loaded knob ob back/top of switch
to release a plunger and it should pull out. Sometimes you need to be in OFF
position to press the button, sometimes in headlights ON position. I'm
thinking on these old trucks, it's the PARK position. Just reach up under
dash and feel around on switch. Most likely on top side. You may want to
have the batt disconnected as you will have lights on if in ON positions and
if you have rings on may short some terminals on the switch.  To get switch
from dash, use a large screwdriver to cross the hole in center of trim nut
and turn counter-clockwise like a nut. Once loosened, should turn by hand.
The switch should have a tab on it to insert in a small cut-out at the dash
hole to keep it straight and non-turning when tightening again. Sometimes
this tab or hole gets messed up if been off before and not been carefully
handled.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com