Re: [oletrucks] 1954-EARLY 55

To: "Dave Shier" <daveshier@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1954-EARLY 55
From: "G. L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:54:40 -0500
Go to www.stovebolt.com and find the parts suppliers link there. Buy/order
all the catalogs you can afford or look on-line for some and they will have
most of this stuff. Glovebox door will need to come from used truck. Liners
are available, headliners, and bed parts. Not sure what you mean by Bed
Kit?? There are a few places dealing in just the beds themselves. A whole
bed will be quite expensive and shipping also. Bed wood and strips and mount
kits most vendors have. Carter's is good source, Chevs of the 40s, Bow Tie
Bits, Chevy Duty just as a sample of one's I've used. Carter's and Judd
Hirsch have original interior paints. It's kind of a hammered two-color
paint. Tannish in most cases, Grey on bigger trucks.  Buy a copy of truck
mags like Custom Truck or Truckin' magazine to find these and other
company's ads in them.  Hemmings motor news. Lots of big Book Stores have
these mags for sale. Also, buy the shop manual and assembly manuals from
vendors, you should have them for any truck project. The 48-52 will still
cover the 54 and the assembly manual's drawings are for 54, but about same
for 48-54 trucks. Never can have too many books and catalogs!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com
Big AD trucks, COE