Re: [oletrucks] sticky brake pedal

To: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] sticky brake pedal
From: "Dan Goodridge" <dangoodridge@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:02:41 -0500
Steve

     I am not sure if CPP manual and power kits are identical   .  I
installed a manual kit in a 58 w/no problem.   The kit with the power
booster I put in a 55 and I had the sticky pedal problem.   The pedal
extension  is a metal piece with a large hole @ the top  ( for the pedal
pin )  and 2 smaller holes @ the bottom   . One hole  is for  the master
push rod and the other hole bolts to the pedal. It connects the pedal to the
m/c push rod.  If your kit does not use this extension and the m/cylinder
push rod connects directly to the pedal, I would still disconnnect the M/C
push rod and check the pedal action. Make sure the pedal moves freely and is
not binding in the CPP bracket. I hope this is of some assistance

                                                        dan G