[oletrucks] LED taillights

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] LED taillights
From: "Dave" <kruc@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:09:31 -0600
I was looking for LED taillights for my TF and I found that there are kits
to replace the  original bulb with a printed circuit board with LEDs on it.
I had been looking for the bus or semi-truck style lens with a pattern of
LEDs inside. I figured I'd mount the bus style lens in the stock location on
the bed stake pockets and go from there, but I haven't seen them for sale on
the web. Has anyone gone to LED lighting, lens or printed circuit board
style, and would you recommend it or another type? Also where did you buy
it? A truck stop maybe? I realize the flasher can needs to be replaced with
an electronic type due to the lesser resistance of the LEDs compared to a
bulb. Below are the best links I found on the subject. Thanks
Dave
http://www.paddockparts.com/html/ct_05.html
http://www.classicchevy.com/html/1002_techhelp.shtml
http://www.cool-leds.com/pages/737506/index.htm