RE: [oletrucks] gen to alt wiring Reversed

To: "'Larry Winters'" <lwin517@frontiernet.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] gen to alt wiring Reversed
From: "Doug Wathor" <wathor@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:40:42 -0700
Larry,

Here's how my '56 TF was wired. I say "was" since I have it apart doing a
restoration. But I'm pretty sure this is correct, since the shop manual
matches. (page 12-2)

There are two wires on the generator, one 14 Gauge brown and one 20 gauge
dark blue. The larger brown wire goes to the generator terminal stamped "A"
for "Armature" and the smaller 20 gauge dark blue wire goes to the "F"
terminal for "Field". These wires go back to the firewall to a six terminal
connector. The harness from the connector is about one foot in length before
entering the firewall and/or voltage regulator. The corresponding wires on
the other side of the connector are the same, 14 gauge brown and 20 gauge
dark blue. From the connector, these wires go to the voltage regulator on
the firewall. The voltage regulator terminals are also marked "FLD" and
"ARM", so it's pretty straight forward.

Hopes this helps.

Doug
Livermore, CA