Re: [oletrucks] help

To: "Williams Grant CIV Det 2 412TH AMXS/MXA2A"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] help
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:16:30 -0700
The HEI is pretty straight-forward to wire.  No ignition resistor.  I don't
remember it well enough to tell you without looking at picture, and I'm sure
by time I get home and find a picture someone else will have answered that
question...  If not, I'll explain tonight.

What HEI did you use in your 270?  I have a 270 and have thought about
putting an HEI on it, but haven't determined what distributor to start with.

One of the terminals on your HEI is labeled tach.  If you have it wired
correctly a test light connected between that terminal and a ground should
flash as the motor turns.  I think the terminal on the far side goes to
power, and the one in the middle goes to ground.  But I'm not sure I
remember that correctly, and it assumes the terminals on your distributor
are the same as those on an older V-8 HEI.   I think the later HEIs are more
complicated.