[oletrucks] New gauge cluster.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] New gauge cluster.
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@tijerino.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:43:53 -0600
Got my new gauge cluster that I ordered from Chevy Duty. It looks great and
I am very satisfied with the looks and quality. This new (restored really!)
gauge cluster has been converted to 12V and 60lbs pressure. The question
that I have is the following; maybe this topic has been covered before.

I converted from Generator to Alternator (one wire) and installed a new
Chevy Duty (alternator ready) wiring harness. I also converted to key start.
The question is: How can I connect the Ammeter with the alternator
conversion?
I am hoping the wiring harness took care of this, but want to check with the
experts on the list to see if I need to do anything different before I
connect the ammeter and end up frying something and all I would be able to
read after that would be "maximum smoke".

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks

Antonio
'53 3100