Re: [oletrucks] Black Chrome.

To: steve@OldSub.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Black Chrome.
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:59:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/2003 10:11:40 PM Central Standard Time,
steve@OldSub.com writes:

> I'd love to know what someone else's experience is with running one of these
> down the freeway at speed....

I have rebuilt the entire fronted of my '48; newer style tie rod ends and
drag link, new king pins, new shackles and bushings, replaced springs,
upgraded to Bendix brakes,   radial tires, added a suburban front sway bar,
and adjusted steering box.  FYI, I found one of my front spring mount
brackets had loose rivets.  This also caused some "looseness."  My 235 is
hooked to a 3-speed OD with open drive and a 3.90 rear.  I can cruise easily
at 70, but normally hold it at 65 where it feels very safe.  There is almost
no wander and steering is tight.  The brakes are far better than on my '65
daily driver.  I always drive to local shows and enjoy "wheel time".
Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX