Re: [oletrucks] How low is too low?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] How low is too low?
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 05:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
My stock ride height Corvette has about 3 - 4 inches ground clearance under the
front
spoiler, front cross member, under body X-brace and exhaust; low enough that I
have
problems with many/most speed bumps.

I did my engineering school co-oping at NASA/Langley (SE VA) in the mid 70s.
One of the
reasons that I did not pursue NASA/Langley after school was that their
automotive laws
(modified cars/trucks were my main hobby then too) were painfully restrictive
and
basically designed to prevent/punish modifications from stock.  I got harrassed
the
whole time I was there, and NASA intentionally counseled me as to how to walk
the fine
line between resident and non resident so that I didn't have to comply with VA
regs.

At that time though, I was under the impression that the law was not uniform
across the
state.

TN might have laws like that but there's plenty of lowered and modified
vehicles running
around here; you just need to move to a good state!

Mark Noakes
Knoxville,TN