Re: [oletrucks] Update and 2 Questions

To: rsain@gte.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Update and 2 Questions
From: "Perry Smith" <perigrinephalkon@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:06:34 -0600
Ryan, the frame I have in the back yard measures out to  180 &1/2 inches,
with no extensions front or rear. I hope this helps.

Perry Smith
Phoenix AZ
58 GMC wideside totaled
58 Chevy stepside in a basket

From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Update and 2 Questions
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:48:35 -0700

Well,

All went well this weekend. We fabricated a new frame for our 59 3100.  All
that's left is the final welds on the cross members and fitting the
suspension. Tonight is going to be fun.

But I have a question. The 55 assembly manual states that the overall length
of the frame from the front to (not including) the rear extensions is 184"
(I think, the book is not in front of me). However the frame we have
(original from a 59 3200, SUPPOSEDLY cut down to a 3100 length) is 191".
Something doesn't jive. The shop and supplemental manuals don't really help.

Can someone check their 3100 (58 or 59) and report back? I would greatly
appreciate it. I'm looking for the distance from the front edge of the frame
to the rear of the frame, not including the extension.

Thanks for your time,

- Ryan

Ps. Anyone need ANY parts of of a TF frame? They are yours (you pay shipping
- I'll drop off in Spokane, WA). I'm in Pullman, WA.