RE: [oletrucks] A/c

To: "Ronald I. Givens" <givens@hal-pc.org>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] A/c
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:18:43 -0500
Old Air Products http://www.oldairproducts.com/catalog/main_default.php

I had good luck with them 3 summers ago, but a recent question e-mailed to them
has gone unanswered.  The tech/salesman I dealt with (Johnny Cosgrove) when I
bought my equipment seemed very knowledgeable, but is no longer there.

I original bought a kit from Vintage Air in San Antonio.  When the Vintage Air
under dash unit that supposedly was specifically designed for GMC TF trucks
proved to be at least 2" too long to fit in my 57 GMC I returned the under dash
and control components to Vintage Air (took about 6 weeks and much hassle to
get my refund from them) and bought just the under dash and control components
from Old Air after verifying that they use a similar sized condenser and the
same compressor that I had already mounted from Vintage Air.

The Old Air unit cools OK.  It seems to make a lot of fan noise for the amount
of air it actually moves.  But I'm comparing it to my wife's Acura Legend.
There seems to be a certain amount of "bleed" into the defroster ducts even
with the defrost control in the full off position.  On very humid mornings it
is enough that it causes condensation on the outside of the windshield near the
defrost ducts because of the cold air.

If you still live in Bellaire I'd be glad to drive by and let you take a look.