RE: [oletrucks] Rust Doctor

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rust Doctor
From: "JTatum" <806@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:11:04 -0500
Doug,
Is this the stuff?
http://www.therustdoctor.com/

I heard it is good stuff!
Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Doug Wathor
Sent: 01 June, 2003 6:50 PM
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rust Doctor

I went to a car show yesterday and saw a demonstration of Rust Doctor.
Supposedly, it reacts with the surface rust to stop the rust. It appears
flat black after applying and can be painted over afterwards, or left as
is.

I was thinking this might be a good solution for my suspension parts
(leaf springs, brake drums, backing plates, steering parts, etc.) just
as is, and then I can paint over this for my frame and other parts that
I want to paint. Does any of the group have experience with this product
and, if so, is it positive or negative? Or, does anyone have alternative
ideas for a '56 1/2 ton restoration project for the above parts? Thanks.

Doug
Livermore, CA
'63 Split Window Corvette, restored
'56 1/2 ton Chevy Pickup, being restored