[oletrucks] GMC 228

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC 228
From: Christian Pointer <kissaki@highstream.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:10:08 -0700
Hi truckers,
        I have tried looking up the casting numbers from my GMC; (Steve, you
were right it is a 1/2 ton long bed). It has a closed driveline.
  The info I found at inliners tells me it's a 228 head. I couldn't find
the Block #.

Block= A 228305398
Head= 2136477

my new plan is to put this hummer on the road this summer.

I know doo-dah about the 228 motor. Is it a good motor? Should I just do
a stock rebuild? Assuming I can find the parts.

Thanks in advance,

Christian