Re: [oletrucks] corvair truck

To: ccpanel@jps.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] corvair truck
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 03:02:44 -0700 (PDT)
The 60-69 Corvair line had several models of trucks--all a cab forward
design--Rampside
and Loadside pickups, Corvan 95 van, and Greenbriar window van and campers.
They were
made 61-63, except for the Greenbriar which coninued thru 65.  Because all
Corvairs were
unibody, they had a bolt-in coil over shock IFS.  It's a fairly stout I-beam of
sorts.

I used to have one of the vans and my brother has has a string of the
pickups...think he
still has one...too good to part out though.

I would think that the track would be more narrow than the old trucks and that
the load
capacity, even on the trucks, would be too low for an AD truck...I assume
that's what
you're considering it for.

You can find some info here:

http://www.mindspring.com/~corvair/fc1.html

I could possibly help you find info in you really wanted to pursue it, but I'm
not sure
I would suggest it for this application.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
58 GMC NAPCO pickup
61 Corvair Lakewood Stationwagon