[oletrucks] Column drop

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Column drop
From: cmadero@newlywedsfoods.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:31:36 -0500
Greetings to all,

As part of the upgrade to a MII suspension, I am replacing the steering
column on my '53 3100 for that of a Chevy van (unknown vintage, auto
shifter, no ignition switch, tilt).  Anyone that can provide advise on
building column supports (to attach it to the dash and to affix it to the
floor), and properly sealing the floor around it once is installed would be
greatly appreciated.

I would like to know if there are any other list members in the Memphis TN
area. This is my first attempt at building a rod (including learning to
weld!), it has been a ton of fun so far, but there are times a second
opinion would be most welcome.

Carlos Madero