Re: [oletrucks] To punkin or not to punkin

To: <BLUCHEETAH@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To punkin or not to punkin
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 02:50:44 -0500
Susan, if you have open drive, that means you can see the driveshaft and
u-joints and don't have the one-peice unit like is on a 53 truck. It still
has a tube about size of driveshafts, just doesn't turn when wheels are
turned. The "pumpkin" will still have parts to come out front and back with
torque tube. Just that the front part also comes out with the tube that goes
to tranny. If you don't have that, someone else already has it changed. I
suggest you remove the rear cover and either count teeth on ring gear and
pinion or look for the count stamped on the ring gear edge. It may be the
ration or just the tooth count of each peice stamped there.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors