Re: [oletrucks] Re: to punkin or not to punkin

To: glperry@fwi.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: to punkin or not to punkin
From: BLUCHEETAH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:14:56 EDT
In a message dated 6/5/2003 12:05:17 PM Central Standard Time,
glperry@fwi.com writes:

> Why not just leave it alone. If it works, don't fix it! These trucks were
> meant to drive slow, say 45-50ish, just do that and enjoy. Changing gears is
> something you can do long after other more important stuff is finished. Most
> important part is new brakes, seldom are they good on an old truck that's
> been sitting. Get parking brake to work too!  Basic stuff like carb rebuild,
> flush coolant, change rubber hoses and points and plug wires, etc. If you
> want a new faster truck, buy a newer faster truck!
>
> G. L. Grumpy's
> Old Iron Ranch
> Huntington, IN 46750

Hi G.L.
I appreciate what you're saying :-D  I've already rebuilt the brakes, coolant
has been flushed, new plugs, the wires are fine and the carb is fine, parking
brake works, all fluids have been flushed and changed hoses and belts
inspected and everything else works fine.  My problem is that I live off of an
interstate and in order to get to town I have to merge into heavy 70 mph
traffic.
Then I have to drive 15 miles through that stuff to get to "town."   I suppose
I could drive the 15 miles to town 50 mph on the shoulder with my flashers
(which work) going, however I would prefer to put my power to use rolling
rather
than pulling stumps and hauling hay.   I have a newer faster truck, but I
prefer my older slower truck and I already asked her permission and she says
she
doesn't mind if I tweak her.
Susan