[oletrucks] Oil bath Air Filters

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Oil bath Air Filters
From: "Doug Wathor" <wathor@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 14:50:01 -0700
I'm restoring my '56 1/2 ton and I'm at the oil bath air filter assembly.
There appears to be no way to open the assembly to get at the filter stuff
inside. My guess is that there is plenty of gunk, spiders and who knows what
else inside, that I would like to get at and clean, but the entire assembly
appears to be sealed. My only idea is to soak it in cleaner and then rinse
as best as I can.

Are there any better ideas on how to clean? Thanks.

Doug
'63 Split Window Corvette, restored
'56 Chevy 1/2 ton Truck, being restored