Re: [oletrucks] alternator wiring

To: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>, oletrucks
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] alternator wiring
From: Kevin and deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:04:17 -0500
If there is an amp guage, which wire would go to it?  I would assume
that it would be the single wire.  This is timely since (after two weeks
of trying) I finally got the hood open on my '70 Corvette and I need to
figure out why it isn't charging (died on a road rally due to lack of
juice and at the same time the hood catch screwed up - amazing how they
both happened at the same time - figuring out a way to trip that rear
mounted latch was a b*ch!).  The amp meter was showing the car
discharging, the battery holds a charge, so I am assuming a bad
alternator.  This car does which does have an amp guage as does my '51
3100 which I am installing a 305 V8 and the same kind of alternator.
 Thanks!

Kevin  '51 3100  '49 3600 wrecker