Re: [oletrucks] A Few New Pictures

To: Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A Few New Pictures
From: Phil Maurey <sz6vgh2@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:22:01 -0400
I am going to quote you what I was told about the extra set of leaf springs
by a gentleman who came and looked at the truck.  If this is wrong someone
please correct this.

The second set of leaf springs was an option that could be added on the 41
to allow for heavier loads.  It looks like whatever it was supposed to be
connected to broke away a long time ago.  You can see where there were
U-bolts attached to the frame so I am assuming this is where they attached.

The suspension definitely looks heavy duty and is still surprisingly strong.

Anyone on the list have any thoughts on this?

Thank you,
Phil Maurey
1941 Chevy 1/2 Ton
http://www.restoringtrucks/1941