[oletrucks] 66 stepside parking brake question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 66 stepside parking brake question
From: Mikecdk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:06:42 EDT
OK Folks I'm Stumped!

I replaced the parking brake cable on my truck (front harness where it
connects to the lever).

The metal bracket that holds the cable harness to the column bracked however
tight I get it won't hold the harness...so, the whole harness slides with the
brake lever as you pull the brake lever on....instead of the harness being
held and the cable itself extending out of it.

I've tried crimping the dang thing in the vice but it still doesn't work!

Any thoughts?  I can't tell if this is the original bracket or not...can't
seem to locate one in the parts catalogs.

Thanks!

Mike

1966 Stepside (done)
1950 1/2 ton 5 Window in process