Re: [oletrucks] HELP! 6 lug IFS from 80? Chevy truck

To: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] HELP! 6 lug IFS from 80? Chevy truck
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:05:15 -0500
Durwood, not sure what you're question is, but think it is basically an
"Unbolt" from donor truck and "Bolt-on" to you're AD truck. Seems like you
need to make a spacer for each side to put between the frame and frame
mounts on suspension part. One problem you get is it's too wide for AD
trucks, and wheels stick out of fenders some. You can cut and re-weld the
center section and tie-rods to bring in with NO spacers, but would  be lots
of extra work. Someone was recently saying the unit from a Corvair van/truck
will work and fit good???
Go to www.stovebolt.com and ask on the "Lounge" forum for info. There is a
fella always on there has web pages of tech  articles. Seems also if you go
to Carter's truck parts site, he has same stuff on his tech pages. Carter's
has link on stovebolt site or is something like www.oldchevytrucks.com or
maybe just single truck.com?  My advice, keep it stock, use a disc brake kit
for better brakes, maybe a mono-leaf spring set to ride softer.

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors