Re: [oletrucks] Bottom part of oil bath air cleaner

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bottom part of oil bath air cleaner
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:55:28 -0600
On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 07:44  pm, Doug Wathor wrote:
> Well, after cleaning the top part of the air cleaner last weekend,
> using the
> procedure some on this list had suggested, I then turned my attention
> to the
> lower part (the bath part) of the assembly this weekend. After
> cleaning it
> all up, getting ready to wire wheel the old paint off and re-paint it,
> then noticed a few rust holes in the bottom that were rusted all the
> way
> through. (I wish I had noticed these before I spent the time cleaning
> it.)

The pan from my oil bath air cleaner looks like it was repaired with
bronze or something, some time ago.  I don't know much about
metalworking, but that's what it looks like to me.  I suppose you could
probably get that done on yours, as well.  Or POR-15 sells some
material to patch small rust holes.

Tim Lloyd, lloydt@colorado.edu
1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup "Peanut"
1954 Chevy 3100 Panel "Being paid for"