Re: [oletrucks] Ammeter question

To: "Parkinson, Rob" <Rob_Parkinson@jdedwards.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Ammeter question
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:35:47 -0700
I don't know how to tell by looking at the connectors which is which, but if
you hook an ammeter up the wrong way the only issue is that it will register
the wrong direction.  You won't hurt it.  Hook it up, with the motor off
turn on the headlights, and look for it to swing to the left.  If it swings
right, take it apart and switch the wire....

Exercise some caution, there are no fuses or circuit breakers in this
circuit, so you could toast some wire if you let the hot side touch a
ground!  Best plan is probably to disconnect the ground wire from the
battery before moving the wires around.