[oletrucks] Small axle vent/where?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] Small axle vent/where?
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:34:00 -0500
Fella's, just finishing up on my MM tractor assembly. On it, I need a vent
that normally uses a tube down to the gear case. My tractor don't have the
hole for the fitting in gear case. SO, I wish to find a short vent like used
on rear-ends for years. Needs to be 1/8" pipe and not to long, like 1" or
less. Can't use the drive-in type and most modern ones are for a tube to fit
on and be used higher up on frame. Also, a metal one would be better than
plastic, but will go plastic if that's all there is. I would even go for a
used metal one if someone has an axle with one they would part. I'm thinking
most Ferds and Mustang axles have this type vent. OR, if you hve some other
idea to vent this way with other parts, I'll listen!

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors