[oletrucks] Shipping

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Shipping
From: Michael E. Mendonça
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:51:00 -0700
I've been a member of this group for a number of years now and many of you
have been instrumental in helping me to get my '54 into the show condition
that it is now in.  Many times, members have been willing to ship something
to me or receive something from me "sight unseen" and payment forthcoming
upon approval and I've really appreciated that.  Similarly, I have also
read many posts where someone has or needs something but will stipulate
that the item must be picked up - they will not ship it because of weight,
awkwardness, etc.  Believe me, I fully understand the pain it can be having
personally shipped seats, trannys, etc. all across the country.  I use a
number of shipping companies through the company I own and have recently
had an opportunity to meet with one company, Stat Logistics, Int'l who has
set themselves apart from the rest (I have NO financial interest in this
company).

The EVP at this company recently met with me and after some talk about old
cars AND trucks, indicated that he would provide special pricing for anyone
in our group who wants to ship anything anywhere in the world!  No, he won't
ship for free, but he does offer some pretty unique services such as on
or off-site crating, etc.

Just thought I'd put this out there for anyone who has a tranny, chassis,
cab, hood, doors, engine, or whetever and is stressing out over the shipping
aspect of it.  Here's his e-mail address:

dan.heinz@statlogistics.com

Website: www.statlogistics.com

Michael
'54 Chevy 3100