Re: [oletrucks] Fw: please help

To: lauriecorbett@ns.sympatico.ca, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fw: please help
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:08:31 -0500
Mike:
Speedo cables can be purchased from about any FLAPS, I bought mine from a
local street rod shop because I wanted it long enough to keep from crawling
under the dash anytime I wanted to remove the instrument cluster.  It was a
'universal' kit and I had to cut it to length, but it was relatively easy to
make and install (following the directions).

For '56 gages, I bought a rebuilt cluster from BowTie Bits about 1 1/2 years
ago,  Everything works O.K., but if I had to do it over I would put in a
billet panel and some good electrical gages.  Even though BowTie Bits does a
good job, the original gages are just a little too fragile as far as I'm
concerned (I've replaced the fuel gage once, the tank sender twice, and I'm
still not getting readings I can trust).  If the resto/original look is what
you're after, go with BowTie Bits or the Speedometer Shop in CA, but be
prepared to pay dearly.  Otherwise, go with some more modern good quality
gages.

Chances are, BowTie Bits probably has a hood latch too!

Hope this helps,  good luck!!

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL