[oletrucks] Bottom of cab

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bottom of cab
From: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:44:32 -0700
Howdy, All.  I've got the cab of my '55 1st Series tipped up on its back and
have spent the past few evenings scraping and cleaning.  I've got three
questions.

1.  I'm planning on using POR 15 for the bottom of the cab and all of the
chassis.  I don't know if I'll need a quart or a five gallon bucket.  Any of
you paint guys know about how much I'll need to buy?

2.  there is a hole in the center of the cab floor directly  under where the
seat would go.  It's about an inch in diameter with a good sized notch on
either side.  Anyone know what it is for?

3.  I've used scrapers and a grinder with wire wheels to get almost all of
the undercoating/mud removed, but some areas are real tough.  Any tricks?
If I don't get every speck of the undercoating removed will it screw me up
if I try to paint over it?

Thanks a bunch.  From what I've been reading on the list there is a hell of
a lot of work going on out there. Bone stock or wild custom, it's all cool.

Harry Spencer
Reno, NV