Re: [oletrucks] Bottom of cab/ POR-15 & air grinder

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bottom of cab/ POR-15 & air grinder
From: rnwagner@juno.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:04:21 -0700
Do not open the paint can when using POR-15. It will destroy the can seal
surface and eventually ruin your paint. What you need to do is poke two
holes in the can and seal them with sheet metal screws after pouring some
of your paint out into a plastic cup. This process works really well. You
do have to roll the can to mix the paint too. Do not shake POR-15, it
will aerate the paint and cause problems when you apply it. After pouring
out your paint be sure to pit the screws in the can fairly quickly.
POR-15 reacts with the moisture in the air and sealing the can will help
minimize this reaction. After putting the screws back in the can, be sure
to rotate the can again to coat the screws with the paint. This coating
will seal the rest of the paint from further outside moisture. Really
this process works like a champ. This was how a POR-15 retailer told me
how to take care of my paint and he was dead on. This was my second
purchase and I still have good paint in the can after three years. The
first one did not last even a tear for me due to the poor seal after
removing the lid.  Rick W.