Re: [oletrucks] bed rail cover

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bed rail cover
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:15:46 -0500
Wayne:
Saw the same ad, if my pickup box didn't have such a good coat of paint on
it and a hard cover that protects the paint, I'd seriously consider the
polished ones.

On another note, I saw something really neat at a recent show.  A '59 Apache
stepside was there with some really neat polished billet accessories.  One
of these was a set of bed hole covers (they fit in at the rear of the bed
with the rolled bedsides).  They were really sharp, had some ball milling,
and were even laser etched with a '59 in the center.  Talked to the owner
and found out they were made right in my hometown (Pontiac, IL).  A company
called JB Microfinish is owned by a guy I know from work.  Saw him at work
the next day, he gave me a quote, and I'm having him make a set for my
truck.  When I get them installed I'll take a few pics and send to you.

P.S.  This JB Microfinish is a small business (husband an wife), but he has
a website jbmicrofinish.com and does some really nice work on some neat
accessories.

Carl Ham
'57 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL