[oletrucks] the Brothers truck show

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] the Brothers truck show
From: TOUCANMAN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:26:35 EDT
it was a fun day, over before i new it. i had spent a few days preparing for
it  by waxing, cleaning the engine ect..i put together a little package of
period accessories to display along with the truck. an old oil bottle, fuel
can,kerosine road flares, GM spare bulb kit, 2 canvas Desert water bags,Trayco
car
hop tray, some of my grandpas old tools,ect to really give it  the feel of the
early 50's...i had to wait in line when i got there for what seemed like for
ever as they directed participants to their parking place under the big trees
at Featherly state park. i think i got a premium parking place. right next to
the road so everyone saw it coming into the park. i met up with some friends
including Bob Knotts a fellow  OLETRUCKS member coming all the way from
Phoenix(pssst -Bob is a pretty clever photo Guy, he added a few GMC's to our
OLE t
shirt ),as we looked over all the 227 chevy and GMC only trucks that
participated in the event. every time i returned to my truck there quite a
crowd looking
over the "Memory Lane" theme. that was reward enough for me..there was one
other nice chevy truck with the same theme he had a 57 schwin black phantom
bicycle all restored in his truck bed and lots of other accessories too
.....we
didn't win anything in the raffle.but at one time some of the judging staff
came
over and handed me a microphone and asked me to describe my truck for them
wile they  filmed the truck for a video they are doing on this 5th annual
truck
show.,i felt honored but quite camera shy too.now  it was time for the
awards...they had given out all but the best of show award when they started
talking
about an honorable mention award, they didn't know just what category to place
this truck in, best engine, best accesorized, and  described how much the
crowd had liked this truck. then he said he was talking about the gray n red
53
GMC with all the accessories...i jumped up..i was so elated.the Brothers
employees all gave me the nod of approval ,a thumbs up, and took my picture
wile i
received a much appreciated award  or trophy....when the whole show was over
some of the Brothers staff came over and asked me to park the truck in a
clearing out in the sun shine all by itself for yet another photo shoot. they
were a
bit younger than myself and i had to describe what some of these accessories
items were wile they were as they had never seen some of them. like the GMC
only hood bird.......they really made me feel good......and i told them why
this
was my most appreciated award to date.a truck judged against nothing but
trucks........what a fun day it was.fun for all.....Steve