[oletrucks] Carbs & manifolds and air cleaners for 216s, 235s and 261s

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Carbs & manifolds and air cleaners for 216s, 235s and 261s
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:45:39 -0600
To the all knowing and ever wise list,

What is the difference in carbs and manifolds and air cleaners for the
216/235 dipper, 235 full pressure and the 261 engines?  Where could the
everyday common Joe (or Josephine) find this information on the internet?
Did the TF Pcups come with oil bath air cleaners or only paper filters?  I
have a full pressure 235 (year ??? at this writing) in my Pcup but the carb
doesn't have the manual choke or throttle hookup but I do have an oil bath
air cleaner.  I was wanting to put an 'original' carb with manual choke and
throttle on my 235 but need to find out what 'original' is.  There is
another member of these lists (and she isn't blonde) that can't find and oil
bath air cleaner to fit her 235 (1959?) full pressure carb with a 2 5/8"
throat.  Which way do we go?

I'm just so confused.  Please help!

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window