Re: [oletrucks] Questions, Questions

To: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>, dackerschott@msn.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Questions, Questions
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:01:20 -0700
I saw a guy (in Colorado!!!) who put a FXXD 7.3 diesel in his Scout II. He
said there were two problems 1. He had to move the firewall back several
inches 2. Everytime he hit deep mud or snow the front of the rig started to
play submarine and submerge!!. Has anyone ever put a Cummins 5.9 (six
cylinder) in an old Chevy/GMC? I saw an article several years ago abt a gent
who put a 4 cylinder Cummins (3.9 L) in his 48 Chevy suburban. Very neat. I
called him. He said he'd sell it for $20,000, even though he had more than
that in it. He had made his own engine/transmission adapter. Of course, he
was a master mechanic for Dow Chemical!! Bob K