[oletrucks] Still trying to confirm what year truck i have " Hodgepodge

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Still trying to confirm what year truck i have " Hodgepodge
From: Tezzme2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:03:47 EDT
I quess i'm looking for more help  to confirm what year truck i have before i
start ordering parts or try to get a title for it , would really like to
title it the correct year , i only got a bill of sale.  Before i list all the
facts i know about the truck , please let me tell you how much i paid for this
hodgepodge truck of mine.  I gave $1000.00 dollars for it and it included a 48
chevy pickup  (NO EXtra Charge ) = the 48 is partially apart/no windows but
with
motor. The 53 (with glass)if that is what it is does run , i've drove it
probably 25 miles,it has a alternator (it works) and the lights  all work but
the
brakes pull to the left (the pads are disolved on the right side. NO I. D.
Plate. Will need a few patch panels.
OK facts as i know them
1. Has driver side cowl vent
2. Hyd front brakes (not bendix) has  flat pivot links at bottom of brake
shoes drums measure 11" diameter
3. 90mph speedometer
4. has vent windows on doors
5. door latchs are pushbutton
6. in cab Radio grille  is chrome /w chevrolet on it
7. front axle has shocks
8 glove box panel not stainless steel (painted)
9. driver side cowl vent handle is flat steel not type with knob
10.Hood has CHEVROLET emblm on sides with about 1" tall 3100 emblm under it.
                               All help would be appreciated, My Quess a
early 52
                                                      Sincerely Steve Rushing
                                                           Ocala Florida