[oletrucks] Protecting freshly polished & buffed Aluminum

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Protecting freshly polished & buffed Aluminum
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 14:54:27 -0400
I just got my Edmunds intake and valve cover and Stovebolt Engine Company
side cover, for my 235, back from the polishing shop.  They did a great job
considering the age of the items. Not quite the same casting techniques as
they have today.

What I am wondering about is how to protect the freshly polished surface? Is
there a clear coat or something I can use on pieces that will get fairly hot
being bolted to the engine.

Thanks for any help.

Bill Schickling