Re: [oletrucks] TF disc brake kit recommendation

To: <bigfred@unm.edu>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF disc brake kit recommendation
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:01:33 -0700
Make sure you know what else you will need to buy as you compare kits.

I bought ChevyDuty's kit, which I think was even cheaper.  The directions
said in some cases you would need different bolts, but did not tell you
which trucks would need them.  Mine did.  I also bought their dual master
conversion, which would have been cheaper form Classic Performance Products,
and near as I can tell is exactly the same thing.

You'll need run at least one new brake line, because one of the two existing
lines from the master goes to just one front wheel.  The other line goes to
a T, and then feeds the passenger side front and the rear.  I replumbed the
whole thing on mine.