[oletrucks] TF frame swaps

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] TF frame swaps
From: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:05:36 -0700
with all the talk of frame swaps lately, I parked my 57 3100 next to my
friend's 97 1500 Chevy 2wd standard cab and took some quick measurements.
Turns out that the wheelbase and track width are nearly identical.  I was
roughing it, doing this on break at work with nobody to hold the other end of
the measuring tape, but it looks like the wheelbase on both trucks is about
117" and the track width, tire center to center is about 62".  Makes me think
bad thoughts...............

Devin