[oletrucks] TF disc brake recommendation continued...

To: bigfred@unm.edu, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] TF disc brake recommendation continued...
From: bigfred@unm.edu
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:45:34 -0600
First off, Thanks for all the input..
I forgot to mention that my truck is a 3800 panel.. Is the spindle the
same as on the 3100? it looks like my bolt pattern is the same, so I'm
assuming any disc brake kit will work...
Next, I'm thinking of doing the power booster since I'll be changing
the master cylinder out.  Now here's where I'd like some more opinions.
I've got a 396 BB and a TH400 in it. Does this mean that a booster will
not fit? I've heard the auto trannys cause interfearance problems.
If a booster will fit, what are the opinions out there on buying a junk
yard booster.  The kits at the truck suppliers are pricey if you buy
their booster.
Ok.. I know it's a lot, but I appreciate all the help...
Thanks