Re: [oletrucks] Can't find the identification # on a F$$d 1978

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Can't find the identification # on a F$$d 1978
From: ke6bnl@juno.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:09:48 -0700
I have a 48 Ford F1 and there are a few places I have spotted vin
numbers. on the upper passenger side of the fire wall in the engine
compartment.  Some have them also in the glove box door and they all seem
to have them on the passenger side of the frame by the crossmember near
the front axle.  If you are referring to id numbers for the motor I have
no answers all my vehicles so far have chevy motors.  Ed ke6bnl

That truck was simple compared to the vin numbers from the motor on my 53
chevy that had no motor, but did have a clear to read tag on the driver
door post.  Finally had vin verified to say that the vin number is being
changed from the motor to the door post vin number and got the tag a week
later in Calif.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:43:29 EDT Tezzme2@aol.com writes:
> Hi Guys i tried finding a ford site for this answer with no help
> (wonder why
> i never liked a ford). Any way i bought a 1951 ford pickup that has
> a 1978 302
> ford motor with a 4 speed standard  and i've looked and looked for
> the ID
> numbers and can't find them. I have been trying to get the truck
> title in fl it
> has a clear wisconsin title and bill of sale but the DMV in Fl are
> the nastiest
>  and most unhelpfull and downright Rudd people i have every dealt
> with in my
> life. I haven't even tried to title my 53 chevy pickup  "GA
> TRUCK"yet  all i
> have is the bill of sale and its last tag, i not sure its worth
> trying to
> restore these trucks if the DMV here are going to be so nasty. If
> anyone knows
> wheres the ID #s are please let me know, Thanks in advance
>
>                        Sincerely , Steve (I wish i never seen this
> ford)
> Rushing
>
>                                    Ocala Fl
> 1959

   Ed     ke6bnl@juno.com                     ( 1950 f1 & 1963econo pu

      Agua Dulce Ca.    91390                    70 chevy S/B)  1948 Ford
F3
      So.   Calif. 70 mil N.Eof Los Angeles   1953 Chevy pu 3100)