Re: [oletrucks] Old Iron Auction 5 Sept

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Old Iron Auction 5 Sept
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:49:32 -0600
I deal with acronyms all day long, but seeing this confuses me: "1953
Chevy 5300 truck w/13ft GB, RH, 6 cyl eng, 4 & 2 spd, nice" -- what is
a 13 foot GB, and what does RH mean in this context?  For that matter,
how can it be both 4-speed and 2-speed?

Also, it's a good thing I don't have any money, or I might have to bid
on this: "1944 GMC Army truck, 6x6 w/canvas cab & chasis, wench, 6 cyl,
4 spd"

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 02:24 AM, Durwood B. Darbin wrote:
> There will be a few ADs, TFs and tractors galore at an Old Iron
> auction on 5 Sept in Brush CO.  I haven't seen the trucks but may this
> weekend.  The list is on www.ama-auctions.com and look under 'old
> iron'.  There is one picture of a TF.

Tim Lloyd, lloydt@colorado.edu
http://54peanut.blogspot.com