[oletrucks] cowl vent leaking water into engine oil?

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] cowl vent leaking water into engine oil?
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 00:14:08 -0600
I have quite a bit of water in my oil today, which I think is related
to the massive rainstorm we had last night, rather than a leak in my
head gasket or water jacket.  I have the stock cowl vent drain on my 54
pickup, which drains the cowl vent through a tube which terminates a
few inches above the engine.  Is it possible for water to get into the
oil in this manner?

What have other folks done to re-route the drain from the cowl vent?
Draining it onto the top of the engine doesn't really seem like the
best idea to me.

Thanks,

Tim Lloyd, lloydt@colorado.edu
http://54peanut.blogspot.com