Re: [[oletrucks] Cab corners and cab cracks]

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [[oletrucks] Cab corners and cab cracks]
From: Scot Stockton <auriclux@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:23:58 -0700
Ryan,

I had to replace the corners in my truck also, they looked a lot like yours,
but with more dents.  And yes, not all patch panels are equal, I've seen some
of very thin gauge metal.

I got my corners from the Truck Shop (www.truckandcarshop.com) and they seem
to match the gauge of the original metal.  This is to say that they were
actually *heavier* than the metal they were welded to.  Most of the Truck
Shops patch panels are a good bet, and of the ones that aren't I've not been
able to find good examples.

I may be a little luckier because this store is relatively near-by.  Not a fun
drive in L.A. traffic, especially this summer, but I can walk into the
showroom and look at stuff.

I've some pix of the welded corners if you like.

Oh, yeah, if you want the rock deflectors, you should order them at the same
time.