Re: [oletrucks] classic trucks

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] classic trucks
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 21:22:38 -0500
Wayne:
Thanks for the comment.  I just received my copy yesterday and was almost as
surprised as you!  I'd sent pictures and a write-up to Classic Trucks in
June and got an email back saying they would probably run my truck "later
this year", so I resigned myself to the fact that there are many other and
finer looking trucks out there than mine that would appear first.  You can't
imagine how great it felt to see my truck in a magazine!!

I've attended about a dozen shows in central and northern Illinois thus far
this summer and received three 3rd place, two 2nd place and one 1st place
trophy.  I still maintain that I don't go to shows to win trophies but it
feels great to know someone appreciates the hours I and my friends have put
in on my truck.  It just goes to show that if you feel good about the work
you've put in, someday someone will complement you for the effort.  I know
my buddies that helped me on my truck are now getting alittle more
'inspired' to get their trucks done so it looks like I'll have a busy winter
helping them (and that's what all this is about, making new friends and
helping each other).

Hope your truck rear axle problems have been fixed and you're on the road
again.  Would still like to know how your transplant from original to newer
rear end went.  Write when you have time.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL

>From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
>To: the_hams@hotmail.com
>CC: oletrucks@autox.team.net
>Subject: [oletrucks] classic trucks
>Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:45:01 -0400
>
>Hi Carl,
>    Just want to say I was sitting in my favorite chair in the library this
>morning reading through the latest issue of classic trucks magazine and low
>and behold when I got to the classic cruiser section on page 84---what did
>I see....   A write up and pictorial of your truck..  Very very impressive
>my friend, no better way to see all your hard work pay off than this way.
>Great job and congrats again.    --wayne
>

>Wayne Osborne
>http://www.chevytrucks.org
>http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne

Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.