Re: [oletrucks] Task Force NAPCO truck stars on front cover of

To: GremlinGTs@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Task Force NAPCO truck stars on front cover of
From: Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:12:35 -0500
At 09:27 PM 9/23/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>    I was in Waldenbooks tonight, checking out Sci-Fi books for a change,
>haven't bought one recently, and noticed one by Eric Flint. Title was "
>1632 ", in
>American Flag design, it was about a group of guys who get transported from "
>now " in America back thru time to 1632 in Europe in the middle of the 30
>days war. On the cover is a red 4x4  '55 or '56 truck, facing off with
>some guys
>in armor and muskets.
>   I know nothing of Flint's writings or any of his other works, if any, I'm
>more into spaceships and dragons and magic, but at least it had a cool cover.
>Just thought I'd pass it on if anyone was interested in checking it out, and
>maybe giving the rest of us a "book report ". :) All for now,

Funny enough, I did some research and found out the cover artist is Larry
Elmore (bored and nothing else to do), I hadn't heard of him but found out
he did the majority of the TSR Dungeon and Dragons illustrations .. which
is funny since you said you liked Dragons.

As for the inspiration for the truck on his cover, if you look at his FAQ
on his page, http://www.larryelmore.com/LarryElmore/Support/QA.html you'll
see in his spare time he has a Blown Pro-Steet F*ORD, so he definitely has
a love of cars too.

Bill