Re: [oletrucks] Knobs for TF deluxe heater controls

To: bill.hanlon@hp.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Knobs for TF deluxe heater controls
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:31:01 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know about the knobs but I thought all AC units back then were the
CoolPak
dealer installed units.  Not true?

It would have been rare in anything back then regardless... As to value in
convertibles
having air, it is an important option when running with the top down in the
summer in
stop and go traffic; it's also important when driving the vert to work with the
top up
when you can't afford to arrive looking like your commute ran you thru a wind
tunnel.

Mark Noakes
58 Chevy Suburban
58 GMC NAPCO pickup
86 Chevy Corvette convertible
among others
Knoxville,TN

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:03:10 -0500, "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" wrote:

> I was at a car show last weekend and was looking at a 55 Chevy car (not
>truck) with
what
> was supposedly factory air conditioning.  The thing that caught my eye was
>that the
> knobs on the heater/defroster/fan/inside-outside air controls looked exactly
>like those
> on my 57 GMC, except of course they were black plastic like those on a Chevy
>TF truck
> would be instead of the ivory colored plastic that is correct (and impossible
>to find)
> for the GMC.
>
> Anyway, my question (which I should be asking the tri-5 Chevy guys) is "Does
>anyone
make
> aftermarket CHROME replacements for the Chevy knobs?"  A few years ago I saw
>one set of
> such knobs being auctioned off on a certain un-name-able on-line auction
>site.  I
wasn't