[oletrucks] 56 3100 original Napco

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 56 3100 original Napco
From: Markegates@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:30:05 EDT
Driving home from work today, my eyes peered upon a 56 3100 original Napco
for sale by the side of the road.  The truck looks fairly good and in original
condition with the exception of exterior paint, a new engine, some spacer
blocks on the springs, and a cut in the dash due to some dude's idea in the
80's to
install an audiovox radio.  The body is remarkably lacking the usual dents,
but does have light rust around the corners of most panels.  There are 3 gear
shifts on the floor.  I would expect 2, but there was a 3rd almost right in
line with the gas pedal (I have never looked at the shifts on a Napco).

Being 4 years into a 5 year restore on a 57 3100 I know how much of a job it
is to bring one of these guys back to life.  But this could be a nice truck to
keep around for a future project. The big question is - How rare is this
truck and should I make a play for this piece of rolling perfection and take a
frying pan from the wife?

Gator
57 3100