Re: [oletrucks] Another rust removal treatment

To: BMcNulty@csuchico.edu, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Another rust removal treatment
From: Spinningroach@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:32:44 EST
http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/rust/rust_molasses.htm

Stove bolt has this tech tip for rust removal using molasses

Anyone tried it?
As a mechanic, my grand-father always used Coca-Cola, as they mention in this
article, to clean up tools and parts. He was working on ships that would go
fishing on the ocean for 2 weeks or so, and I guess there was a lot of rust
involved with this kind of activity. This was in the 50's & 60's. Surprisingly
he
had no Coca-Cola in his fridge for us kids... JP